Located in the BiUM, the multimedia library contains material to meet training and teaching needs and to provide information to patients.
This audiovisual documentation is catalogued in Renouvaud. It includes educational films, documentary films, clinical examinations, care and maintenance methods, medical broadcasts, inaugural conferences and lectures. This collection is classified as the monographs according to the NLM classification and also indexed with MeSH vocabulary.
Here is also a selection of DVD sorted by themes and the annual lists of new acquisitions.
Subject-specific catalogues are compiled for specific training courses:
|About birth||Catalogue access||Printable version|
|Adolescence||Catalogue access||Printable version|
|Violence medicine||Catalogue access||Printable version|
|Pain||Catalogue access||Printable version|
|Epidemic, Pandemic||Catalogue access||Printable version|
|Fiction films||Catalogue access||Printable version|
Thematic screenings followed by a discussion with a guest speaker. Information on previous seasons.
Online multimedia resources
- Some educational videos produced by the CHUV can be viewed online (on the CHUV intranet).
- CHUVclass: a platform for health professionals, with the aim of enabling them to follow continuous and complementary training.
- Symposiums and conferences recorded at CHUV available on the Hôpitothèque website (website archived in January 2021, access on request)
- Bates’ Visual Guide to Physical Examination, online and video version of the popular Bates’ Guide to Physical Examination and history taking as well as resources from the OSCE Clinical Skills Videos section (access is restricted to the UNIL-CHUV environment, including remote access via VPN)
- Injury Map resource on human anatomy, traumatology and musculoskeletal problems. Images are available free of charge and can be downloaded in various formats (jpg and svg)
- A number of medical journals offer publications and videos:
New England Journal of Medicine NEJM
Swiss cinema in streaming
The Artfilm platform offers more than 600 documentaries and fiction films for streaming. Access is free and unlimited with the Renouvaud card.
Connection: All connections must be established through this page with the card number and the associated password.